I recently posted a picture on my Instagram of some AMAZING chocolate chip scones I had baked and got numerous messages asking for the recipe... ask and you shall receive!
I want to preface this blogpost with PTL (Praise the Lord) I am not a food blogger! I ain't cut out for a spotless kitchen, making scones at 1 pm for "natural light" or spending hours getting every single photo of every single part of the process. I'm a no fuss type of gal and so this is a no fuss type of recipe and blogpost! My husband was craving scones at 8pm last night so I whipped these up real quick and just shot a few photos on my iPhone...
Lets talk about scones for a minute.... THEY. ARE. MY. FAVORITE. Some of my best childhood memories are making scone in the kitchen with my mom. We would put some loud music on and bake for hours! Her scones are the most delicious scones I have ever had in my life but let me just tell you they are NOT guilt-free! They also took a LONG time to make. When I discovered this new recipe, I couldn't believe how easy they were to make and how there was such minimal ingredients in them! They are gluten and grain free and are only sweetened with honey. I adapted this recipe from The Gluten-Free Homemakers Blog but changed it up a bit and added a couple more ingredients to make it even better (in my opinion!) ;)
-3 cups almond flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon sea salt
-1/2 cup shredded coconut
-3/4 cup chocolate chips
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
-1 tablespoon coconut oil
-1/4 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
2. In a medium bowl, mix together almond flour, salt, baking soda, coconut shreds, cinnamon, and chocolate chips
3. In a small bowl, mix together eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla extract
4. Mix the wet and dry ingredients to form a dough
5. Sprinkle almond flour on a cutting board and form the dough into a pizza shape
6. Cut into slices
7. Put scones on the lined cookie sheet
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes!