Can you believe it's already September?! Like WOAH. I keep thinking its still the beginning of August! This month is a super busy month for us as I will be gone the majority of the month and my company's biggest event of the year is next week! I am excited to be going back to California for most of September and the beginning of October so that I can hopefully catch a little bit of the "fall" feeling! There is no Fall in Hawaii and so I'm hoping to catch some colder weather while I'm back on the mainland!
Because I know how crazy busy I am going to be over this next month, it was hard for me to think of specific intentions and a bucket list to focus on this month. I am a creature of habit and I love routine and so the fact that I won't have a routine for most of this month is kinda stressful for me! I'm trying to simplify my life in as many ways as I can right now and so most of my intentions and bucket list items go along with that theme!
1. Focus on what's most important: I think a lot of times when I go back to the mainland, I try to fit in everything I possibly can during my visit and I'm just kinda over doing that. I'd rather focus on whats most important and that is spending time with my family, friends, and my local R+F team in the area. I really want to take out the clutter and just focus on what really matters this month and that is the amazing people in my life.
2. Busy does not mean productive: I'm really trying to focus on a few important projects this month rather than a bunch of random projects. Writing my book has taught me that in order to do anything to its full potential, you have to create margin in your life. This month I am going to focus on being less busy but more intentional and mindful with how I am spending my time. My main priorities this month are to spend time with those I love, build my skincare business, and focus on finishing my book!
3. Quality over quantity: I feel like I'm a total broken record over here but, in all areas of my life, especially with my wardrobe, I am craving to simplify. I am craving to minimize my wardrobe even more than I already have. Recently I have been more and more drawn to the capsule wardrobe idea and so since I will be gone for about a month, I am going to try having a capsule wardrobe on my trip! Instead of packing as many things as I possibly can, I am going to be mindful about a few great pieces that I know I will wear many times on my trip. I'll be doing a packing capsule blog post soon and so stay-tuned for that!
4. Meet a cast member from Southern Charm: I'm heading to Charleston later this month and so you better believe I'm going to be on the hunt to find cast members from my favorite show!
5. Try out 10 new coffee shops: In between Southern California, North Carolina, and South Carolina I am going to have so many cute coffee shops and cafe's I will want to try out! I think thats one of the things I am most looking forward to on this trip! hehe
6. Continue to Insta-fast one day a week. August was the first month that I tried this out and I absolutely loved it. Taking 24 hours off instagram was so rejuvenating for me since I pretty much spend my whole day on social media to work. I am definitely going to take this same habit into September and I may even do a longer Instagram fast too!
I would love to know what one of your intentions is for the month of September! Comment below what you are most looking forward to this month!